From Halong Bay to Saigon
Come to terms with historic value, admire the significant natural beauty, enjoy the tasty meals and communicate with friendly locals – all with a glimpse of pleasure – on this 10 days itinerary in Vietnam.
On arrival at Hanoi airport, welcome by our guide and then departure for the first visit of the city center to be immersed in the charm of the millennium capital (1010-2010):
– The Temple of Literature – the symbol of feudal education and one of the emblems of Hanoi.
– The place of Ba Dinh, the former palace of the Indochina governer, the Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum and his stilt house (Ho Chi Minh being the father of the independence of the country) are located.
– Ethnography Museum – the collection of 25,000 ancient and contemporary ethnic objects from Vietnam that will allow you to be familiar with their lifestyles.
– In the evening, transfer to the theater to enjoy the water puppet show – a specialty of Vietnamese culture, a part of UNESCO’s intangible heritage. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
Morning drive to Mai Chau, a green valley located at the foot of the magnificent mountains of Hoa Binh. Stop en route:
– At Giang Mo, a small village housing several houses on stilts where we go on foot to visit the area and meet Muong, known for their practice of agriculture slash and burn in the past.
– The neck Thung Khe offering the stunning view over Mai Chau valley covered by mountains of bamboo forests, vast carpets of rice fields dotted with villages and traditional houses.
– On arrival, walk through paddy fields and Thai villages. Meet the local in full seasonal or daily activity, plowing rice fields, weaving with the ancestral machine, building bamboo structures.
– By the end of the day, arrival at a Thai family in the village of Nhot, the rest of the day is free for your rest.
– In the evening, enjoy the dance and traditional music presented by the young girls of the village, tasting “Ruou Can” – local wine made from fermented glutinous rice.
Dinner and overnight homestay in a stilt house.
Morning drive to Pu Luong Nature Reserve, the largest karst forest area in northern Vietnam, with three main types of forest: lowland forests, mountainous forests and bamboo ranges. Stop en route to Mai Hich village in Mai Chau, a green valley populated by Thai minorities. Walk around the village, meeting Thais who are working on rice fields.
Then continue the road via breathtaking mountain pass giving you a panoramic view of the whole valley. You arrive at your accommodation in time for a delicious lunch, followed by free time to explore the beautiful retreat, with its captivating panoramic views and tranquil setting.
Afternoon, take an easy walk for 2 hours through beautiful villages located on the hillsides, surrounded by beautiful rice paddies, bamboo forests and local villages of hill tribes.
Back to the hotel for your own relaxation. Overnight at hotel in Pu Luong.
You will be transferred to a suspension bridge over the Cham River, where you begin your walk in search of stunning water wheels. Get up close to each wheel and discover how water is moved from river to handmade bamboo aqueducts via simple constructions of all sizes.
Arriving at a local fisherman’s house, you have a short rest to gear up for the rafting adventure. Float along the calm river and enjoy the views, in between learning how to paddle and steer your handcrafted rafts.
Arrival at scenic Tan Lap bridge, you disembark to be transferred back to Hanoi.
On arrival, free time for your relaxation. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
Morning depart for Halong by shuttle bus, the most beautiful bay of Vietnam, one of the most beautiful landscapes of Asia. Located 180 km east of Hanoi and close to China, Halong is an expanse of water, about 1500 km². It is famous for thousands of limestone karsts of all shapes and sizes emerging from the emerald waters, with magnificent cellars eroded in the islands and islets over the centuries by the wind and the sea. On arrival, take a magnificent cruise trip to explore the bay.
– Admire the picturesque islands and islets of various shapes like the sailing, dog, cock, incense and so on.
– Visit the local fishermen’s villages to discover the typical culture of the local here.
– Afternoon lazing on the upper deck of the junk, swimming and diving in the sublime waters of the bay (depending on the weather condition).
– Late afternoon, take an ascent to an islet which offers a magnificent panorama view over the immense Halong Bay.
– Lunch and dinner served on the junk with fish and seafood from the bay.
– Free evening for your relaxation such as card games or night fishing.
Overnight on board.
Greet the morning by enjoying a moment of unique splendor when the first rays of sunlight emerge from thousands karsts of the bay. Visit the splendid caves of Halong Bay including Sung Sot – “Surprise Cave” (in the 19th century the first French sailors, who was surprised by its fairy-like beauty, had baptized it). Observe stalagmites and stalactites dating back thousands of years ago. Continue the cruise to the unknown hidden corners of Halong Bay. Lunch on the junk, then return to Hanoi. Arrival in Hanoi in the afternoon. Free time for your own relaxation. Overnight at hotel in Hanoi.
Note: The itinerary and activities of the cruise may vary according to the proposed junks.
Morning transfer to the airport for the flight to Ho Chi Minh, capital of the South (the old Saigon). On arrival, welcomed by our guide and take the city tour to deeply explore the charms:
– The Cathedral of Notre Dame and the Central Post Office (built on the plans of Gustave Eiffel).
– Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Headquarters – Old Mary Central, the most beautiful colonial building in the city.
– The War Museum – Saigon’s past during the years of the American-Vietnamese War (1954-1975).
– The Museum of Traditional Vietnamese Medicine, discovery of traditional Vietnamese medicine, more than 3000 years old.
– The Chinatown of Cho Lon (Chinatown) with the temple of the Celestial Lady Thien Hau.
Overnight at the hotel in Ho Chi Minh city.
Morning depart for Cao Dai Temple and attend a morning Caodaism ritual praying held by the Cao Dai followers as well as soak into a local cultural and religious space along with the unique architecture of the southern land.
Afternoon take an excursion to the Cu Chi underground tunnels in the suburbs of the city. Being the ex-battlefield of the Indochina War, Cu Chi is home to an immense network of underground galleries and narrow gutters hand-dug by guerrillas and Vietnamese fighters during the fight against the French and American. On arrival, descend underground to discover a picturesque world: tunnels of a length: 200 km, width: 70 cm, height: 90 cm, sheltering several meeting rooms, kitchen rooms, hospitals and so on. Then you back to Saigon and overnight at hotel in Saigon.
Morning take the excursion to the Mekong Delta, a mid-aquatic world in the extreme south of the country. Arrival at Ben Tre, a small town located in the middle of the North Mekong River.
Join a boat trip on the rivers and boat through several arroyos to soak up the daily life of the delta. Walk, bike or Xe law (motorized cyclo) on the green islands, through coconut trees, rice paddies, stop at coconut farms, enjoying the decortication of coconut, manufacture of coconut milk confectionery, local handicrafts, etc. Lastly, you come back to Saigon and free time for your rest. Overnight at hotel in Saigon.
Free time before the transfer without guide to the airport for your departure flight.
Our services end here.
|Number of people||6 pax||4 pax||2 pax|
|Price per person||$555||$635||$915|